- JioPages Application (hereinafter referred to as “JioPages”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We are obligated to protect your information in accordance with applicable laws, and regulations.
3. Third Party Services:
- Please note that your mobile service provider, mobile operating system provider, third party applications (including the applications pre-loaded on your set-top boxes, smart phones powered by Android platform or customized Android ROM (“Device”), social media platforms and websites that you access may also collect, use and share information about you and your usage. We cannot control how these third parties collect, use, and share or secure this information. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult their respective privacy policies.
4. Personal Information we collect:
Personal information is defined as information that can be used to identify you and may include details such as your name, age, gender, contact information, products and services you are interested in or require more information about. Insofar as sensitive personal information is concerned, it will carry the meaning as may be defined by applicable laws from time to time.
The following is the manner in which we collect, use, share and retain personal information:
We collect data about your use of the JioPages, such as:
- Browsing history information. For example, JioPages stores the URLs of pages that you visit, a cache of text, images and other resources from those pages and a list of some of the IP addresses linked from those pages and a list of some of the IP addresses linked from those pages a. You can manage this information by deleting your browsing history information. JioPages also stores the genre of the URLs that you have visited under the “Discover” tab of JioPages App.
- Personal information and passwords, to help you fill out forms or sign in to sites you visit.
- A list of permissions that you have granted to websites
- Thumbnail-sized screenshots of pages that you visit most often and for depiction of active tabs.
- Cookies or data from websites that you visit.
- A record of what you downloaded from websites.
How JioPages handles your information
- Information for website operators: Sites that you visit using JioPages will automatically receive standard log information, including your system’s IP address and data from cookies or similar technologies.
Location: To get more geographically relevant information, JioPages gives
you the option to share your location with a site. JioPages won't allow a site to
access your location without your permission; however,
on mobile devices, JioPages automatically shares your location with your default
search engine if JioPages app has permission to access your location and you
haven’t blocked geolocation for the associated web site.
JioPages uses Google Location Services to estimate your location. The information
that JioPages sends to Google Location Services may include:
- The Wi-Fi routers closest to you.
- Mobile IDs of the mobile phone base stations closest to you.
- The strength of your Wi-Fi or mobile signal.
- The IP address that is currently assigned to your device JioPages doesn't have control over third-party websites or their privacy practices, so be cautious when sharing your location with a website.
- Updates:JioPages periodically sends information to Google/Jio analytics to check for updates, get connectivity status, validate the current time and to estimate the number of active users
- Search prediction service: JioPages periodically sends information to Google/Jio analytics to check for updates, get connectivity status, validate the current time and to estimate the number of active users
- Usage statistics and crash reports: By default, usage statistics and crash reports are sent to JioPages to help us improve our products. Usage statistics contain information such as preferences, button clicks and memory usage. In general, usage statistics do not include personal information
- JioPages seeks this information either to
- Validate and process your request for the services of the JioPages or information.
- To improve the quality of the JioPages.
- To assist you to determine which services best meet your needs.
- To facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfillment of any legal and regulatory requirements.
- To provide you with recommendation about services you may be interested in, based on your use of the JioPages.
- To provide you with marketing communications and advertising that the JioPages believe may be of interest of you.
- JioPages seeks this information either to
- We may disclose personal information to our affiliates when necessary to perform services on our behalf or on your behalf, to provide display advertising and promotional services, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service etc.
We may also share personal information with external organizations or individuals if we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our customers or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- The information so collected shall be retained only for a limited duration necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined herein unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law and only for the purposes defined above. Once the purpose is achieved, all personal information is deleted in a safe and secure mode.
5. Non-Personal Information:
- Non-personal information is defined as any data that does not personally identify you and may include unique system or hardware identifiers, system or application software, and peripherals
- Any non-personal information, when clubbed with personal information shall be treated as personal information
The following is the manner in which we collect, use, share and retain
- You agree that JioPages may collect diagnostic, technical, usage related information, for the usage purposes described below.
- The above mentioned information is gathered periodically to provide and improve the JioPages and services therein, facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) and to verify compliance with the terms of this Policy.
- To enable JioPages partners and third party developers to improve their software, hardware and services designed for use with the JioPages, we may also provide any such partner or third party developer with a subset of diagnostic information that is relevant to that partner’s or developer’s software, hardware and/or services, as long as the diagnostic information is in a form that does not personally identify you.
- The information so collected shall be retained only for a limited duration necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined herein unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law and only for the purposes defined above. Once the purpose is achieved, all information is deleted in a safe and secure mode.
6. Location Services:
- The JioPages, its licensees and agents, may access, collect and analyse your usage of JioPages and other information related to your location on a regular basis through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signals and other technologies and data for the performance of the services provided by the JioPages and to help improve the design, functionality, performance, and content of JioPages. In order to collect geo-location information, the location settings must be enabled on your Device. Therefore, in some cases, JioPages may request that you enable the location settings.
- Except in cases where any specific services requested by you require or involve personal identification, JioPages collects location data anonymously and in a form that does not personally identify you. By using the JioPages, you agree and consent to transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve such services of the JioPages App.
9. Third Party Applications, Websites & Services:
10. Access, Correction and Deletion:
- JioPages strives hard to keep its records updated and accurate with your latest information. You shall be responsible to ensure that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data.
- You may note that deletion of certain information or withdrawal of consent may lead to cancellation of your access to JioPages or your access to certain features and services of the JioPages. Additionally, we may not be able to process your request of correction, updating or deletion, in case the same is not supported by valid documents or data retention is required by the applicable law or law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings or it is extremely difficult to implement (such as requests related to backup copies or if a new system is required to process the request or change of technical design) or risks the privacy of other users.
11. Queries and Complaints:
- We are committed to protect your personal information collected and processed by us and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, or any privacy-related feedback or concerns you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.